Discussion in 'CricSim Cricket' started by Cribbage, Sep 3, 2015.
T20s sound gun
Didn't we try the whole T20 thing previously?
Yeah, but that was a massive failure of a draft iirc
I think its cool about you simming again - but the real schedule will be:
Sunday rest - watch some Footy Show
Monday - marathon skype session with some bitty in England
Tuesday between 10pm and 4am Sim 7-8 games on the trott.
Wednesday - sleep in - make some NRL bets for the weekend
Thursday - things have reached their peak in the Skype relationship and she wants to cool things down a tad. Cribb spends the day doing some modding on CW, playing around with some new twist on standardised averages in the 1930s. Thinks about making a post with his findings but then sanity prevails as he decides it isn't newsworthy enough.
Friday - Cribb's Mum mentions something about her and Sanka's Mum who has kept in touch all these years are going out to see a play. Cribb does more simming this time between 11pm and 5am and finishes the week off.
Saturday sleeps in - comes on Cricsim - creates some excuse to chastise some member like Skippos - then feeling very assertive visits the thread on new suggestions for the sim and considers implementing some of them on a rainy day.
Sunday - Footy Show*
* I don't actually know what day the Footy Show is - assume a Sunday.
Haha - happy you took that the right way. Was a bit nervous so added a :ninja:
I'm pretty down for whatever would keep you happy, Cribb. Most important thing for the site isn't the order of fixtures but just making sure you don't burn out.
Not enough libertarian rhetoric to be 100% accurate on his weekly schedule.
I thought it was a given that all the unaccounted for hours in Cane's report were spent on political pages on FB and libertarian forums.
Nah there's 2 mentions of sleep.
OK a couple of questions following on from what others have already said:
1) T20. Let's just say that you decide to sim this during the mid-season. (a few people have suggested this) If so, will it have different teams like the proposed T20/HC (original effort in like Season 6 or something) did or just among the 9 current clubs? If you do choose to sim it might it be worth palming it off to someone else to prevent burnout?
2) RLSim. Is this confirmed in for Season 13? If so, what will be the deal with simmage? Like who will do it, days doing it, etc?
3) Will the PCDIY continue next season? Given you're moving Provincial cricket to the end of the season...I dunno, it feels a tad redundant when Provincial cricket is separated from the rest of the comp, kinda makes it more feel like a proper step-up from BS cricket rather than a different format of the Bannerman Shield.
1. Not sure yet. Mainly because I'm not sure what I want to do mid-season yet.
2. Not sure yet. It's definitely not 'confirmed' anyway.
3. Not sure yet.
I see your point about the PCDIY, but on the other hand it'd be more important to have some sort of Second XI comp for provincial cricket if there was no other cricket at the time, just so players could prove their form. I would actually definitely scrap it if provincial cricket was going to continue alongside club cricket in each week as it's not proven very successful in terms of interest or even selection relevance, but I think we might need it more or at least something like it if there's no club cricket through that period. Maybe I'll just auto-sim it like third grade or something.
Personally I don't see the need for players to "prove their form". They just had an 18 round season to showcase that and the PC would immediately follow. Selection would be based on performances through the season. I just think with representative stuff we've kind of gotten away from selection being a big deal and it being an honour being picked I guess. Its just another season for everybody involved - especially with the number of teams that now how representative status.
Yeah this always comes up but I don't see it as a bad thing necessarily. It's not something I'm trying to avoid. We've got the N/S as an 'honour' and I might throw an Australia v Makeupanamefortherest game at the end too.
I'm going to let the President of each club tell me what time of day they'd like their home matches to be broadcast. I wonder how much that'll affect contract negotiations in future.. probably not much but popcorn.gif anyway.
Cam we vary it each game or is it a set time?
Can you schedule live matches to be broadcast when you're asleep/away?
Yep. Only problem with that is that I can't post scorecard updates in threads, but as I just demonstrated in Forum Discussion I can now actually post from outside the forum so I might be able to schedule posts when I'm not here too.
I think he could always do that
Separate names with a comma.