Discussion in 'Forum Games and Activities' started by HeathDavisSpeed, Oct 31, 2015.
Was that a win condition for you?
Heefwas signed in when posted
05:24 AM ET (US)
Really rating Verigoat's work in this game so far. Excellent play in general.
And then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like No athers report
The Illusive Man. Close between you and Bedsey for 2nd. I need to double check my maths. I think I've missed a sale somewhere.
Yeah I was the guy selling all the non data stuff. I had to try and survive and be the richest person at the end.
I also put in a mechanism in the game where character claiming really wasn't in your best interests. The Collectors had an extra kill where if they knew who someone was and their location, then it meant they could have a 2nd "free" kill in the night. If they claimed the wrong character, then mafia would have been exposed. As it was, there wasn't a feast of character claims anyway, but it was a useful mechanism to have in the bank.
That explains some of the write-ups then.
Dead qt did clear up some things but also pointed out that really I had nfi what was going on all game, and lucked out that the threads I picked out unravelled favourably for Cerberus.
Only real bad calls I made were signing off on McGraths killing (who ftr I might have got morgie to save had he not outed that he'd know who his killer was in the thread lol), reading too much into Arheiner 's reports not stacking with his claim and trying to kill him and finally shitting myself when I thought Kara was going to kill Harps overnight.
Really it was the opposite for town who got lost down rabbit holes pretty much from the start. That could have so easily have happened to us.
Was my self sacrificing win condition really to save that first planet that had a bomb, I think I missed that opportunity, with the second bomb that I did take - I was confused as to whether there was a chance of it taking a planet out or not.
A couple of amusing points from reading other QTS:
Firstly Mariner never mentioned getting jailed. Wtf Mariner?!
Secondly Rikko totally nailed Heef posting player lists in faction order hahaha
Thirdly I love that Shris first action was to intercept Hedger intercepting Uppercut failing to find me. Beautiful
Also minigames for Tart and Arheiner is gun as too
Yeah, that was gold. I was listing them out in the order in my spreadsheet so that I didn't forget anyone. Fortunately, by the time someone twigged, it was already pretty clear which faction everyone was.
Tbf even the op is a bit in order. The 11 names from 10-20 have 7 third party in a row then 4 mafia in a row haha
Yeah, and that came out of the random number generator. I was a little bit worried that people might see a pattern in that when it came out of the hat, but random is random.
I'd be interested in the thoughts of those with theme knowledge and how well aligned/thematic they thought the game was to the source material.
And perhaps I'll do some rankings.
We're more likely to WIFOM to "too many nontown there, must be innocent" IMO.
I looked at it when i was compiling my lists and noticed the proximity of Cerberus, then i saw others who were away from that and put it down as a fluke. Actually following that trail of thpught might have helped as it turns out
Rankings are always good, although I suspect I'll be near the bottom.
Yeah interested to see the rankings.
I feel a bit of a fool, I could have taken speirz down with me in death cause I got a watch on him killing someone, but it was the day fallout 4 came out so I missed the deadline before I died.
1. Blunder (Cerberus) - pulled the strings from behind the scenes, wasn't really picked up until mafia realised they couldn't find him and by that stage Town was in the shitter. Made some good calls early on (decided not to kill at the start of the game so as not to take out humans) but took a couple of erroneous 'hail mary' kills in contrast to that initial pick (McGrath being the obvious). Won the game with the smaller 'evil' faction so has to be seen as a positive.
2. Harps (Cerberus) - solid supporting performance, definitely led by Blunder but his clear aim was to back his leader and keep him in the background. Again, no one interested in Harps until really late on in the game. Participated, but flew low. Failed to meet EO.
3. Zorax (Cerberus) - expendable grunt, died early but laid a solid foundation to get information out of people by posting as much as possible and inviting comment. Cerberus just needed any indication of whether a player was alien or human, so being proactive was really important. Failed to meet EO.
4. Bedsey (Shadow Broker) - marginally better than Cabinet as contributed more intel to the game, but definitely marginal.
5. Cabinet (Aria T'Loak) - tried to hold back a few goodies to prove worth to town if necessary. Unfortunately, there weren't enough town left at the end for this to have been a useful gambit, though he wouldn't have been aware of this directly.
6. Shiv (Rachni Queen) - too passive. Couldn't be lynched, couldn't be night killed. One day went aggressive, but no one noticed. Probably needed to follow that up to be successful - the lynch redirection wasn't much help when you've got trigger-happy Turians around.
7. Mariner (Cerberus) - too passive again, really. Didn't really contribute much to the Cerberus brains trust unfortunately. Could have Town-sided (EO) if he'd been recruited by Shepard. In order to achieve this, needed to demonstrate more value to Town.
8. Morgie (Cerberus) - far too passive. Should have overruled Blunder to protect/save McGrath as this would clearly have met his EO need. Didn't contribute much at all of value.
1. Verigoat (Harbinger) - Let himself down with a small but noticeable mistake to get himself lynched - also gave in when caught out and should have attempted to sow some confusion and mistruths before being taken down. Probably wasn't aware of how much he had town in his pocket at that stage. Seriously, at one point he had no less than two townies protecting him from attack at night. The only reason Mafia made it so far was Verigoat.
2. Farhat (Harbinger) - Came up with a pretty reasonable way of taking the pressure off him early on with the watcher claim. Worked well for him, but probably needed to line up some night results each night - went quiet and so the spotlight eventually went on him when the alternatives were less clear.
3. Teacups (Harbinger) - Some good ideas, a decent role/ability claim to support character claim of Urdnot Wrex but the game went against him.
4. Speirs (Benezia) - Took out plenty of opponents, ruled the Citadel taking out shunts for a while. Got really paranoid after a few days and probably needed to be more positive in order to try and draw interest away from him.
5. Cevno (Harbinger) - Came up with ideas, but lower hit rates than some of his Harbinger buddies, really failed to convince Town he was anything other than dodgy. It's Chloe Michel ffs.
6. Notsure (Saren) - Scuppered his game by trying to buy data early on. Harsh to judge him based on a CricSim mafia cohort who'll pick up on these minutiae, but when there's no other information available it cast a light on him early on.
7. Rikkomas (Harbinger) - Needed to be the anchorman, made a few mistakes that meant he had no chance in a mexican standoff. His actual ability claim was a really good idea, but just needed to mix more bullshit in there to deflect from Farhat or Teacups for an extra night and they'd been in. Probably in hindsight should have been preparing for the roleclaim a few days in advance so that the more experienced Mafia players in the QT could have provided some additional insight before posting in the game thread
Separate names with a comma.